Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Slimming Green Tea Smoothie



Yummalicious!!! I could honestly drink smoothies all day, every day. I usually replace one meal a day with a protein and vitamin packed cup of deliciousness. Today it was this this Green Tea Smoothie for breakfast. I add spinach in every single smoothie I make because I don't cook it often, and frankly, my husband isn't super crazy about it. Here's how to make it! 

1 fresh or frozen Banana
1 Cup fresh strong brewed Green Tea
2 Cups Fresh Spinach
1/2 C Oats
2 Tbsp flaxseeds
Sweetener (optional)

Now this may sound a little nuts, but I also add a 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar into my smoothies. It does your body good, honestly, google it! You don't have to add it, it changes the flavor ever so slightly, but I enjoy the benefits of it. I do not add sweetener myself, but this isn't the sweetest smoothie. You can add other fresh berries for added sweetness as well. Green Tea is believed to help slim you down, as is the apple cider vinegar. They are both good for boosting energy as well. ***Please use decaf for children, and those prone to the extreme jitters after one cup of tea like my sister!*** 

Hope you enjoy! 

Follow me on Pinterest! http://www.pinterest.com/blessthisdamess/  

No comments:

Post a Comment