Thursday, February 20, 2014

Churro Cheesecake Bars



Is it bad that I instantly chowed down on two of these right after I took this picture? 

No, my friends, it's not. They are THAT good. 

My Mom has a recipe almost dead on to these delicious squares of heaven and they are always a hit.

Enough jibber jabber! Start baking them! ;-)


Ingredients:
  • 2 8oz Cans of Crescent Rolls
  • 2 8oz Packages Cream Cheese- Softened
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1 C. Sugar- Divided
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 9x13  Baking Dish




  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Grease your baking dish and unroll one can of crescents. Place on bottom of baking dish, pinching the seams together. 
  3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, 1/2 C. Sugar, vanilla and your egg.
  4. Blend (with a blender/stand mixer) until smooth. It would be hard to mix by hand.
  5. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto your bottom layer of crescents as shown, and spread around to cover the bottom. 
  6. Unroll your second can of crescents and place on top of cream cheese mixture, again pressing the seams closed. 
  7. Bake in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
  8. Melt 2 tbsp butter across the top of your bars.
  9. Mix remaining 1/2 C. sugar with your cinnamon.
  10. Sprinkle (or pour) your cinnamon sugar evenly over the top.
  11. Let sit until cool, slice, serve and enjoy!

Or you can just shovel one into your mouth right after you snap a picture of it like I did. I have no self control...it's not my fault.



Hope you Enjoy this recipe! Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook to see what I come up with next! :-)

2 comments: