Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rich Chocolate Cake



Now, I am in no way a cake or cupcake lover. I just dont like cake. I don't know why. But this cake. THIS CAKE is the richest, most chocolatey cake recipe out there. One thing I do love? COFFEE!! Yep. There is coffee in this cake mix. It helps add a more intense chocolate flavor. I just had to try this for myself. I am in love. Unfortunately, I made the big huge cake for my husband to take to work, and only a couple little baby cupcakes for my taste testers. I want MORE!! Enjoy! :-)

Ingredients:
   

1 3/4 C Flour
2 C Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1 C Buttermilk
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup of strong black coffee, cooled

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, vanilla and coffee. (Make sure your coffee is COOL or it will cook your eggs. Yucko!) With your mixer on medium speed, mix the two together until well combined. The batter is going to be thin. Thats ok. It turns into a big fluffy moist cake. No worries. Now pour that liquid gold into your two greased and floured cake rounds and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. (35-40 minutes for one large cake)

TADA!! Beautiful rich moist deliciousness! Now, frost that puppy. In the picture above I made my own peanut butter cream cheese frosting which I will be posting a bit later. Feel free to use any flavored frosting. Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the cake. It was delicious and I could tell it was made with love.

    ReplyDelete