Monday, January 27, 2014

Chicken Chili

Chicken Chili

I had chicken chili a long time ago and it was the best chili I ever ate in my life. I had no idea how to make it, so I improvised with what I had and still to this day it turns out amazing. SO easy too!

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package chicken chili seasoning
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans ranch style or chili beans
1 can corn
1 small onion, diced
8 oz velveeta cheese
salt, pepper, chili powder to taste

Boil chicken until cooked and set aside to cool. In a large pot, combine seasoning, tomatoes, beans, corn and onion. Let simmer. When chicken is cooled, shred it with a fork. ( You can shred it however you want really. With whatever you want. ;-) Place shredded chicken in the pot of chili and let cook for about 30 minutes. (Gets the chicken nice and seasoned) Cut your velveeta cheese into cubes and throw them in to melt, and BAM! Super delicious, seems like I worked all day on this CHILI! You can adjust all of this to taste, add some bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, etc. I like it simple. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment