Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cup-o-Coffee Cake!


So I like to browse crazy out of the box recipes once in a while and I love pinning stuff on Pinterest, but I do NOT pin it unless I promise to actually make it. There is nothing more unpinteresting than someones whole board of pins that you know darn right they aren't doing. "We know she ain't got time for that!"







That being said... coffee cake. Mmm nom nom nom. It's like a diet coffee cake (not really) and I'll tell you why! Because instead of making a WHOLE coffee cake, you make it in a single serve cup in your microwave! How genius. So, you're welcome. I just saved you from eating a whole coffee cake all by yourself! It was surprisingly light and fluffy and absolutely delish! You know you want some...

1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Sugar
1/2 Egg
2 tbsp Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
Two or Three droplets of vanilla. DROPLETS. Not too much.
1/4 C. Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Baking powder

Crumb Topping:
2 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp butter

Step one- Get a cup. Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in said cup in your microwave. Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar, stir until creamy. Add a half an egg. (Mixing the egg together before hand makes this much easier) Then add your Sour Cream or yogurt. Mix in your little tiny baby drops of vanilla. This crap is overpowering, easy killer! Stir that all together and add your flour and baking powder. Looking like cake batter now! In a separate cup/bowl, squish together the flour, brown sugar and butter with a spoon (or your fingers, whichever you prefer) and scoop it onto your cake batter. Now stick that puppy in the microwave for one minute! Heat ten seconds more, and it should be done (given your microwave temps) If it still looks gooey in the middle. Keep heating at 10 second intervals until its cooked through. (CUP WILL BE HOT) Then chow down! Happy Dessert!

I like to eat mine in my closet, where no one can find me and force me to share. KIDDING. My kid hates cake. Such an odd child.

Bless this Damn Mess! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment